Why are Conservatives Against America?
Something has become pretty obvious to me. Those that call themselves “Conservatives” tend to be the most anti-American people I’ve ever met, and that includes people I know from the middle east! What is their goal?
Earlier this morning the IOC announced that Chicago would not host the summer Olympics in 2016. This means the US loses a ton of money being spent by tourists as well as tons of jobs for Americans in the mid west, the part of the country that needs jobs the most. Chicago is not far from Detroit, the most desolate city in our country. Now, the conservatives aren’t responsible for this, but they are responsible for their attitude about this loss of economic boost.
If you follow twitter and read the trending topic “Summer Olympics” you will see some of the most hateful anti-American things you have ever read.
and on and on it goes. These people are absurd. Obama tried to help get Americans money and jobs and they gloat that he failed? They call it an EPIC failure? This is hardly an EPIC failure. Bush attempted to get the Olympics to the US twice while in office and lost both times, but the left didn’t say anything hateful about it. This is horrible.
But this isn’t all. Remembe the speech Obama gave that people were pissed about? You know, how he told all their children to stay in school and they said “How dare my child be subjected to this!”
So, let’s make a list of things that Conservatives don’t want the US to have, shall we?
- A well spoken, intelligent president. Seriously, how many people out there today are wishing for the days of George W Bush when we have a president who is clearly more intelligent in office? There are tons. Not only this but during the election process people were complaining that Obama’s answers to questions were too long, nuanced and convoluted. It seems that conservatives would rather have a president who can only speak monosyllabicly because they can not understand even mildly complex speech. Wanting a leader who is Dumb is akin to saying that you want the world to be smarter than America. You really want all of our enemies to be smarter than our President? Really?
- Affordable, Hi Quality Health Care. Yep. According to conservatives we have the best health care in the world but only because the vast majority of our country doesn’t have access to it. I know, I know, you’re going to call bullshit because the majority of our nation does have some form of health care, but the fact is most people can not afford to access their health care because of incredibly high deductibles. Let us not forget that not only are deductibles sky high but also, most insurance companies in the US deny coverage on just about all of the most important things. Sustainable care? Sorry, but no. Preventive care? Again, most companies don’t cover this. Sexual health care? Sorry but that isn’t really their job. Most conservative Americans are happy that they can’t get access to their health care because, after all, they have God to take care of them. Right? How’s that working for your cancer?
- Jobs. We’ve already talked about how they whined about Obama trying to court the Olympics and then gloatted when he failed, but seriously, how can they be anti-jobs? Under the George W. Bush administration the US lost TONS of jobs and not just because of 9/11 and the financial crisis. Have you ever heard of Free Trade? This is part of the republican plan to destroy America. Free Trade sounds like a good thing, right? Honestly it does, unless you realize how it works. What free trade did was it cut taxes on imports. Why is this a big deal? By not taxing imports we are making these foreign companies even stronger financially. We are important so much more than we export and that is making us weak financially. Not only are we screwed in the auto market where it is so much cheaper to buy Toyota than Dodge. With less sales, we have less jobs and conservatives are happy that we’re losing sales to foreign companies. Not only that but they love to outsource. This is where free trade really screws us. By shipping their own companies over to Asia or Latin America, we’re sending the very few jobs that we do have away!
- A Strong Military. I know most people think of the conservatives as being the pro defense team but how come they are so eager to over expend our troops? With everything from Stop Loss to back to back tours abroad, we are exhuasting our military and conservatives are happy about this. Also, they don’t seem to mind at all that our troops are grossly uderpaid. When a bill was put forward recently to up their pay and benefits it was John Mccain who voted against it, not Barack Obama. John Mccain is also a hypocrit who collects military benifits even though he is wealthy! We’re not even going to get into how military hospitals are grossly underfunded.
- Smart kids. Seriously, the top chant of conservatives is that the family knows best. They believe strongly that parents should be the only people to teach their children about sex, drugs, science, history and math. If conservatives had it their way there would be NO PUBLIC SCHOOLS. What they want is to find a way to charge parents for their schooling that way kids born into the right families (theirs) will reap the benifits and other families (ours) will be too poor to pay for good schooling. This goes beyond just proper sex ed, too. Conservatives have managed to take music and art out of nearly all the schools in the country because they fail to see the value of such education.
This doesn’t include the massive ammounts of misinformation that conservative bloggers, radio hosts and pundits have thrust onto the public. Nor does it include the harsh language that republican senators, congressmen and former gov’s have used, to describe the healthcare system and other left wing projects. The simple face of the matter is that it is illogical to support a conservative party when that parties goals are to cut away what it means to be an American.
Do the right thing. Vote with compassion and understanding for your fellow man and you will see that you can’t possibly vote conservative.
BTW: This is an example of the kind of damaging rhetoric and hyperboyle that stops us from solving problems. It seems when liberals try and talk facts, they are met with this kind of argument, so I am returning the favor. Please read the bills yourself and know what is actually going on.