Early Morning Fire Outbreak in Bethany

A fire outbreak occurred early Thursday morning in a Bethany home.

The Bethany Fire Department responded to a house fire report from a house close to N.W. 42nd and MacArthur Blvd Thursday at around 1:30 a.m.

After the firefighters arrived, they swiftly restrained the fire to the chimney. And, there were no injuries.

According to investigations, the homeowner had slept off after starting a fire at the fireplace to keep the home warm following a power outage. The smoke alarm awoke the family.

The fire would have been due to a problem with the structure of the fireplace, fire experts say.